Sunday, September 5, 2010

Theme Song

I am finishing up this round of chemo meds even as I write. It’s been a rough few days with my feet a tapping from all the steroids, and my eyes trying to sleep. Nausea has been more prominent, but this round is about over, yea!

We’ll see where next week takes me, day by day. I will be starting what they call mobilization, where I get daily shots to increase my white blood cells. I think of it as mobilizing the troops! The battle continues!

This is my theme song for the time. It’s from one of my favorite movies, “Goodby Mr. Chips”, from way back. I love the words and it seems to fit right now. My sister came to visit from UT and brought me a Willow Tree angel with arms outstretched for courage. Yep, that’s what I want to be!

Fill the World with Love

In the morning of my life I shall look to the sunrise.
At a moment in my life when the world is new.
And the blessing I shall ask is that God will grant me,
To be brave and strong and true,
And to fill the world with love my whole life through.

(Chorus)
And to fill the world with love
And to fill the world with love
And to fill the world with love my whole life through

In the noontime of my life I shall look to the sunshine,
At a moment in my life when the sky is blue.
And the blessing I shall ask shall remain unchanging.
To be brave and strong and true,
And to fill the world with love my whole life through

(Chorus)

In the evening of my life I shall look to the sunset,
At a moment in my life when the night is due.
And the question I shall ask only I can answer.
Was I brave and strong and true?
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?

(Chorus)

1 comment:

Lana and Terry said...

Terry and I are in Albany N.Y. helping Holly get settled in her new home. It is an old home (kind of reminds me of Grandma Hatches home). It will be charming when they get everything done. Love your blog. You are so positive and so inspiring! I especially loved this song. How true it is! Stay strong! You are SO loved! Our prayers continue to be with you daily!