Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Chrysalis is Opening

(Sat.)  I’m writing this as three cute boys and a dad are blowing my front tree leaves into piles.  This is just the beginning of my January ‘fall’ with this tree.  There are squeals of laughter as they enjoy balancing the rakes on their hands, examine bugs, and try to get a pile big enough to jump into.  That last activity probably won’t occur for a few more weeks.  It’s sweet service like this that has blessed my life this season.

I began crawling out of my chrysalis a little more this past week.  One morning I was able to go to the sparsely attended first showing of the Disney movie, “Tangled”, with Alisa and Natalie, four years old.  It did my heart good to watch this darling show as Natalie sat spellbound for her second time.  Then on another beautiful afternoon, I met them at a park near their home to watch both granddaughters play for a short time.  “Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair”, became the theme at the slides.

Another sunshiny day I decided to go to the Riparian Preserve for the first time in months.  I didn’t have the strength to walk around the lake this time, but I was able to go to my special spot and sit under the tree by the stream.  It has become one of my sacred groves where I can think, relax, pray, and just enjoy the beauty of nature, feeling like I am away from the rest of the world.  I don’t know what I would do without sanctuaries like this.  I have several places that have become dear to my heart including the plum tree grove in the back of my Snowflake home growing up as a child.  I would retreat there if I had a problem to solve, or just needed to think.  I could see the rest of the family in the house, but I was by myself hidden by the small trees.  I didn’t think of it as my sacred grove at that time, but now I know it was. 

Wedding pictures were ready this week and thanks to Alisa’s great editing, I was able to place an order for prints which kept my mind on happy things.  The newlyweds are busy setting up their own world, so these keep me close to them and the wonderful memories from the big event.  Organizing pictures, making dvds, and preserving family memories are probably my most favorite things to do.  Now I have the time.

Heavenly Father is so good to me.  So many blessings, as well as helping me to feel stronger each day.  My next Dr. appointment is on the 13th and it’s an important one.  I’ll update after that.

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Love you Karen! Enjoyed each new post! Keep up the good work!

MP Flory said...

What wonderful visuals you offer my tired mind today! You are one special lady!