Sunday, March 13, 2011

Miracles Continue

When I was at my worst in the hospital, I visualized goals in the future to help me get through the tough times.  I was blessed that I would be able to return to life as I once knew it.  My spirit clung to that thought.  The following miracles are some of those goals realized.   

During my last visit with stem cell Dr. on Feb. 24th, I received the good news that my pet scan showed no evidence of cancer.  Yahoo!  She has released me back to the care of my regular oncologist on this side of the valley.  Miracle one . . .

I was able to begin teaching again the end of February for three mornings a week.  The teachers at Sonoma Ranch are a special group of friends, many of us having worked together for 14 years.  They honored me with a breakfast on the day of my return and continue to support me as I get back into the rhythm of life.  As I met with the students, it all came back to me why I love teaching.  Miracle two . . .

Emily Deanne, third most beautiful granddaughter, was born on March 9 to Mark and Alisa.  Her features are a combination of both of her older sisters, face of Natalie and Hannah’s red hair.  Mark had a second hospital visit in the interim but was home on his spring break for the birth.  We are awaiting pet scan results for him, but are optimistic about the outcome.  I have said many prayers of thanks for the opportunity to be alive to welcome Emily to our family.  Miracle three . . .

Other goals yet to be realized in the future include Aubri’s graduation from BYU on April 21 and Mark’s graduation from law school in May.  I plan to attend Aubri’s graduation and feel such gratitude for the strength that I have to do this. 

My hair is about 1/4 inch long.  Some days I think I may keep it this long.
I am eating salad and fresh fruits and vegetables again and loving it.
I have the strength to clean my own house.
I am attending Sacrament meeting on Sundays.
I have been able to go to the Temple and enjoy the Spirit there.
My granddaughters are frequent visitors at my home again.
My new fingernails are almost grown out.
I can walk around the block without heavy breathing.

As I ended my visit with the Dr., I asked about the rates of reoccurrence.  She said they hadn’t tracked their patients lives after leaving their care, and I realized that even if she had given me an answer I was happy with, no one knows the answer to that except God.  I could have a car accident today and die in a totally unrelated cause.  I have come to realize even stronger now, that we are all here on the earth to perform a special mission that only we can do.  The Lord knows and loves us individually and I need to continue to submit to His will, and follow where He directs me, because He continues to take me to much better places than I could map out on my own.  The Miracles will continue as I grow stronger and marvel at the goodness of the Lord in His gift of this second life.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I delight in your progress. Congratulations on another beautiful grandchild. You continue to be an inspiration.

Cathy Leavitt said...

So happy for your new grandbaby...they are such a blessing. And so happy for the progress you are making with your health...you are an inspiration to me, as always. Continuing prayers on Mark's behalf. Love you, my dear friend.

MP Flory said...

Lots to be proud of! What a busy few months you've had! :)

Anonymous said...

So so happy with all of your wonderful miracles. If any one could come through all that you have with such a positive attitude and inspiring us all, it would be you! Emily is a doll, and I sincerely hope all will be well with Mark. Have a wonderful time in Utah with Aubri! Love you:) (By the way, this is Lana writing this.)