Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

I am dictating this blog as Mark types it so I wouldn't get too far behind. It has been 17 days since the transplant and they call these "positive days" because your body is creating all new cells. Despite a few small feverish temperatures, I have done well and have been able to sit up at times watching the Black Friday sales on my laptop.

Aubri and her fiance, Bryan, were able to drive down from BYU for Thanksgiving. The family ate at Judy's house and I was able to use Skype to be there with them. I can honestly say that a half a bowl of Cheerios did not make the day my best Thanksgiving ever, but being able to Skype with the family helped. I really didn't have much of an appetite for anything other than Cheerios anyway.

Aubri was able to go through the Temple with family in preparation for her wedding in December. Aubri also had her bridal shower yesterday (Saturday) and I was able to use Skype to be there with them. I was able to watch her open her grown-up cooking "toys" now.  The shower was beautiful and took a lot of work from family and friends. Even though I didn't get to spend a lot of time with Aubri and Bryan personally, it was good to know that they were here.

My mother, sisters, and Ward friends spent the week making my house germ and dust free for my return. They spent many hours removing draperies and any dust catchers, and having the carpets and air ducts cleaned. It may not be too long until I get to enjoy it. 

2 comments:

Lana and Terry said...

You looked awesome yesterday at the shower! It was great to see you and we are so glad that you are doing so well. The shower was way fun and the "soon-to-be-newlyweds" are so cute. Stay tough, girl, and our prayers and love are constantly with you:)

Sandee said...

What a blessing modern technology can be! Skype took you to Aubri's shower and Thanksgiving Day, and digital photo enhancing will place you at her reception! Amazing! Thank goodness for small miracles....and big ones...like the treatment you are receiving! We're still praying every single day for you! Love you bunches!