Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good News!

I was blessed with a great diversion for my mind at this time. My daughter, Aubri, officially announced her engagement to Bryan Blacker from Albuquerque. They have set their date as Dec. 18. As much as I had encouraged her associations with local boys, he is so worth it, no matter where he is from. I first met him during the 4th of July weekend, when he came to Gilbert. I missed him when he left, just like I miss my own children. I am looking forward to having him in our family.

They met last year in their ward at BYU and were family group leaders the first semester. However, I think the real clincher was the anatomy class they had together winter semester. It was not just the class, but everything else that went with it, labs, review sessions, and their own study sessions. Ah, true love.

So, while I am home and between hospital visits, I am having fun exploring leads from friends on websites for photographers, caterers, dresses, flowers, and announcements. Things are starting to come together. I send an email to Aubri and she emails back. What would we do without technology? I may even be attending the reception via Skype, depending on my condition at that time.

After Friday’s visit to the hospital, I will have been there three mornings this week. Mostly for lab work, but when they feel a need, other things, as well. I ended up having platelet transfusions Monday and Wednesday. Yummy yellow. My counts have bottomed out this week, which they had expected, so I had to begin preventive infection measures, which included ending the meal deliveries for now. It has been a good time for me to use the food that I had frozen as extra, so it’s worked out. They are beginning to count my stem cells each draw, then call me the same afternoon to tell me if it’s time for the harvest. I could be doing it on Saturday or Monday early morning. The process is similar to dialysis where the blood is drawn and the cells sorted. They keep the ones they want and I get the others back. Then my cells are frozen until after their chemo.

My sisters each took a short fall break with their families, so I have had a sweet nurse friend come and take over my shot and site dressing while they are gone. I will continue to tell you how this is truly a journey with many angels.

I could be sad about the thought of missing my daughter’s most special time of her life, (and I sometimes let myself go there), but I continue to believe there is a reason to the timing of everything. I have found that those ah-ha moments don’t come until after the fact, if at all. I have given up trying to second guess the Master Planner, for He can see the beginning to the end. I know beyond all doubt that He is aware of each of us and our individual needs.

2 comments:

Natalie Francis said...

Congrats to Aubri! She deserves only the best! As you said, we look back later & realize it all works out in the right time, in the right way... better than we could have pieced it all together ourselves. We are all thankful the Lord is in control! We're still praying for you!

Lana and Terry said...

So happy for Aubri and yes, I am sure we are all wondering at the timing, but as you say we do have a Master Planner and he knows that everything works out for the best in the end. And it will, because of all the faith and prayers being offered in your behalf. Love you!!